Friday, December 30, 2011

Quick Swiss Ham Bake

While this photo is not one of my best, this last minute 'throw together' dinner turned out so yummy that I just had to share it with all of you. This took minutes to throw together and can be altered to your liking. I used Swiss cheese but Gruyere would be perfect in this as well. Use ham, Canadian bacon or turkey bacon if you prefer. I used broccoli because my kids love it but spinach or any veggie you like can be added.  

The trick is sauteing the white parts of a green onion, leek or a minced shallot and  then browning the ham. Meanwhile, you want to whisk your eggs very well with a splash of milk. Add your salt, pepper and seasoning (I used tarragon)
and then pour the eggs into your oven ready pan. Wait a minute, then push the eggs towards the center of the pan, working your way around once or twice till the eggs just start to set. Sprinkle on your grated cheese then pop it in a pre-heated oven at 450F for 8-13 minutes (depending on how many eggs you used).

Voila! Dinner is served.


No comments:

Post a Comment