Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup


Everything I love about chicken enchiladas... in a bowl! I love turning classic meals into soups lately, it's an easy (maybe even lazy) way to make a meal and it doesn't require dirtying too many pots.

I basically took my chicken enchilada recipe and added some black beans, corn and chicken broth and threw it all into the crock pot.


A few hours later this delicious bowl of soup emerged which I topped with cheese, scallions, cilantro and a dallop of fat free sour cream. I served it with avocado on the side since I grew up eating avocado in my soup. This was very tasty, filling and had just the right amount of kick! Add more or less chipotle to your taste.

I've labeled this as freezer friendly, whether you want to make your meals ahead to freeze for the month, or save your leftovers for lunch. To reheat you can microwave or reheat over the stove. To see other freezer friendly meals, click here.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment