Friday, December 9, 2011

Low-Fat Gingerbread Cookies


These gingerbread cookies have less than half of the fat than most gingerbread cookies but the same great flavor. Gingerbread cookies are probably the most popular holiday cookie. I say this because I have gotten so many requests for a low-fat version the past few weeks.


These requests did not fall on deaf ears, I've been experimenting with many different versions but most of the recipes failed. Cookies are not the easiest to make low fat, but finally I found a recipe that worked.

I'm personally not a fan of gingerbread, but my two year old loved these cookies and I didn't feel guilty letting her eat them knowing they didn't have a lot of butter. I've had them in a container for several days and they are still as fresh as day one, and slowly they have been disappearing.

The one thing I must point out is that the dough is a bit stickier than traditional gingerbread dough, since most of the butter is replaced with applesauce. Dusting the work surface with flour before rolling the dough, and dusting a little flour on top makes them easier to work with. As you can see, they turned out great. Any flour on the surface after baking can easily be brushed off.



Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment