Monday, December 13, 2010

White Northern Beans with Aji Verde Sauce



Beans are high in complex carbohydrates, protein and dietary fiber, low in fat, calories and completely cholesterol-free. Eating as little as a half a cup of beans a day can be beneficial in reaching your dietary needs. These beans were a hit with my family, all that was leftover was this little bit shown here over rice, topped with aji verde sauce.

This past weekend my little girl turned one! It's hard to believe a year has gone by, it seems like just yesterday she was a born, and now she's a happy one year old, talking, singing, eating real food, and almost walking!

We had a small family gathering to celebrate her birthday, and I went with a Peruvian theme. We had Peruvian chicken with aji verde sauce, rice, avocados and beans. Sounds good? It was and everyone loved it!

Making beans are an economical way to make a lot of food without spending too much. A pound of dry beans makes about 6 cups cooked and usually costs around a dollar. I always make my beans in my pressure cooker because it cuts the cooking time in half. 


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment