Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Rice and Peas



A simple rice dish with sweet peas baked in the oven. Perfect as a side for grilled shrimp or chicken. Adding vegetables to your rice, allows you to have a larger portion for less points and adds fiber.

I've been experimenting with baking rice in the oven all weekend and I finally got the rice to water ratio perfect. My husband thought I was crazy for taking the risk of wasting food, but there is something nice about being able to put something in the oven, setting the timer and forgetting about it. This also opens the doors to many possibilities with other one pot rice dishes in the future, but for today, this simple side dish. (I have not tried this with brown rice, I might have to experiment)
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment