Sunday, December 26, 2010

Skinless Chicken Thighs with Shallots in Red Wine Vinegar (Poulet Au Vinaigre)



This popular French chicken dish, made with vinegar, shallots, and white wine is quick and easy to make. Red wine vinegar gives it an intense, tangy flavor, that mellows as it simmers. Shallots are similar to onions, and are always a staple in my house along with onions and garlic. They can transform any ordinary dish and make it extraordinary. The ease of this dish makes it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family. Most of my gifts were cooking related. My husband surprised me with new Rachel Ray cookware, I got some fun kitchen gadgets and lots of cookbooks. I'm so excited to try some of the recipes from my new books and give them a makeover to share with all of you!

This recipe was adapted from Mediterranean Clay Pot Cooking by Paula Wolfert. I used skinless boneless chicken thighs, to keep it lean and replaced the créme fraîche with low fat sour cream.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment