Thursday, September 22, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Roasting pumpkin seeds are fun to make with your kids and make a healthy snack!

This week I made homemade pumpkin puree to use in some pumpkin recipes I have planned in the next few days because apparently pumpkin puree is not easy to come by! I used the seeds from my small pie pumpkins to make this snack, which by the way is naturally gluten-free and vegan.

I have fond childhood memories of my mom roasting the pumpkin seeds after we carved our jack-o-lanterns. We would help her make them, and help her eat them too. As an adult, I still love snacking on roasted pumpkin seeds. Nothing fancy, just tossed with some kosher salt and lightly sprayed with a little olive oil. Some people peel the skin off, but I eat them skin and all!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment