Friday, September 16, 2011

Prelude to Fall: Great DIY Ideas and Photography








Living in the desert, it's really hard to get your fall fix on. So I have to live vicariously throughout the Internet, pinterest and my friend Becky whom I try to visit in Indiana during the fall months. The fact that it stays in the 90's for most of the fall season around here does not stop me from my obsession with boots, jackets and big chunky scarves. I make excuses to go out in the cooler evenings just so I can wear them without looking quite so ridiculous. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw that one of my favorite bands, Calexico is coming to Flagstaff and Prescott in October where it is much, much cooler than here in Phoenix. 
I'm already packing. 





These are some of my favorite fall photos and projects   I've been collecting from all over the web. What did I do before Pinterest?
Are you already on Pinterest? Follow me here.
Want to get in on the action? I'll send you an invite. Their rules. Not mine. 










My 2 year old daughter just saw this picture and said "Ooooooooo Ooooooo, Pretttttyyyyy!"
Great. Now I have to buy this... or learn how to be creative.


Prettiest Scarecrow ever from  here





decorating the house inside and out with fun toys



I bought these cute WICKED blocks from here 








FUN!

easy shrunken heads tutorial found here









Halloween parties in the cool crisp air.

cute witches broom party favor bags here.







i just love cool kids places like this. so do my kids. photo found  here.




Lovely orange door and entry from   Rusty Blue Bird







Pumpkin Topiary tutorial found at Midnight in the Garden of Evil










for the love of Granny bags. photo found  here















Time for a cup of home made
cider, boots and falling leaves






































Pottery Barn gets it right every time. i love this.


Pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns and hayrides.





i love everything about this photo. The gorgeous jack-o-lanterns
the cool old tree. The solitude of the landscape
You can actually feel the chill in the air can't you?










My friends, What are you excited for about FALL?
Share your ideas and traditions with us.









No comments:

Post a Comment