Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lazy Black Berry-Peach 'Pie'




























It pains me to finally get around to posting this recipe at the very end of summer. I hope it doesn't get skipped over by people who are over seeing peach recipes. My mom made this for us a couple of times while she was living here with us and I've made it twice with the intent of getting some great pic's of the finished product so I can share it with all of you. Unfortunately, this is one of those recipes that doesn't last long enough for me to set it on the counter and take pictures of it.

I could blame it completely on my 4 hungry children but in all honesty, the smell is just so divine that I can't help but scoop out seeping hot spoonfuls of freshly baked peaches and oozy blackberries into my dish as soon as it's out of the oven.

My mom's recipe calls this "Lazy Peach Pie" but it's really more of a cobbler I think. Whatever you call it, the preparation is so crazy simple that even I don't mind baking it for a last minute delicious dessert. Even though peaches are a summer fruit, you can really stick to the theme of being 'Lazy' and buy frozen or even canned peaches to throw into this pie during the Fall and Winter months. I can just picture cuddling in a thick quilt with a piping hot bowl of this pie with a bit of cream poured over top.






Making the batter is as simple as 1...2....3.
Then, fold in your peaches be they fresh, frozen or canned.





Pour into your baking dish.






Sprinkle some black berries over the top. I had about twice this much before a very curious 2 year old grabbed the cup of berries sitting on the counter and dumped half of them on the floor. 
Sabotage I tell you!





Bake for 45 minutes and enjoy the smell.





RECIPE FOR LAZY BLACK BERRY-PEACH PIE


SERVES  6        TIME 1 HOUR

You Will Need:


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
1 cup flour, preferably white, whole wheat
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon real vanilla
1 cup milk
2 cups fruit




Directions:


Cream butter and sugar. Sift together dry ingredients, add alternately with milk to butter mixture.
Fold in fruit. Pour into baking dish. Top with berries.
Bake at 375F deg. for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Scoop into bowls and pour a bit of cream over top if you wish.












No comments:

Post a Comment