Sunday, September 25, 2011

Meringue Ghosts


Cute little Halloween meringue ghosts made of sugar and egg whites, with mini chocolate chips for the eyes. Sweet, delicate and melt in your mouth, the flavors are reminiscent of a marshmallow.

I have so many of these ghosts in my home I started naming them! Each one has it's own personality and character, aren't they just so cute!

This recipe was from the Joy of Baking, but I've been seeing these ghosts popping up all over the place lately. The original recipe states it makes 24 ghosts, but I made several batches and each time I got around 36 ghosts.

As I've mentioned in my other meringue recipes, they key to successful meringues is to make sure your bowls and spatulas are squeaky clean; metal bowls are recommending since plastic can hold traces of grease. The eggs should be room temperature, so leave them out at least 30 minutes before you are ready to begin.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment