Thursday, October 20, 2011

Roasted Potatoes, Chicken Sausage and Peppers

An EASY one pan meal!

Roasted potatoes, onions, sausage and peppers roast in the oven with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and rosemary. Don't you love a meal that only dirties one pan? This is an easy one-dish meal that makes clean-up a breeze, and the smell in your kitchen will make everyone hungry!

Anytime I find a great alternative to fatty Italian pork sausage, I'm all over it! I have nothing against pork, I just wish they would make leaner pork sausage. I'm pretty picky about my Italian sausage, but I loved al fresco's sweet Italian chicken sausage, I almost forgot it was chicken while I was eating and it's 75% less fat that pork sausage, and it's gluten-free, so that's a plus!

This is a really easy dish to make, the main thing is cutting everything about the same size and don't crowd the pan. The potatoes take the longest to cook, so if you cut them small it all evens out. The onions get a little charred which I love, if you want to avoid that you can add them with the sausage.  I've even made this with Turkey Kielbasa and it turns out cheap, simple and great. Try it with red potatoes, new potatoes or russet.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment