Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Baked Tilapia


Tilapia filets topped with crushed pumpkin seeds, panko, and seasonings, then baked until golden. I served this with roasted broccoli rabe but this would also be great with rice with spinach, or roasted broccoli with smashed garlic. This is super easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes.

Raw pumpkin seeds are everywhere this time of year. My toddler loves to snack on them and I feel good knowing she is having a healthy snack packed with vitamins, iron and minerals. They also add a wonderful nutty texture and flavor to fish. I simply grind them and toss them with panko and seasoning, then top my fish, drizzle a little oil and bake.

I had some pumpkin seeds left over from my pumpkin bread (which by the way had a typo on the baking soda, if anyone made the pumpkin bread, I apologize, the correct amount is now listed) you could swap the pumpkin seeds with any nut you have on hand, I think pistachios would also be great.
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment