Friday, October 7, 2011

Pollo in Potacchio


Braised chicken with rosemary, garlic and tomato sauce. The chicken slowly cooks until it's fork tender, a perfect dish to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon. My 2 year old gave it a thumbs up!

I think this would be perfect served with pasta or polenta on the side, it's an inexpensive meal the whole family will love. I listed the nutritional info for one thigh, which is perfect if you have this with a side dish, but some may want two pieces so keep this in mind if you are serving a crowd.

For those of you who don't own a Dutch oven, a heavy pot with a lid would work fine. I also think you can easily adjust this to work in your crock pot and I've included directions on how to make the adjustments.

This recipe was inspired from my trip to DC. While there I had lunch at The National Gallery of Art at the Garden Café Italia...


They have a really great buffet with an Italian menu developed by Chef Trabocchi. The buffet has an array of cured meats, served with artisan bread, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and marinated olives, salad, pasta, eggplant and chicken.


Pollo in Potacchio was one of the dishes on the buffet that I tried and I knew I wanted to recreate. They served all their hot dishes in Dutch ovens which I thought was fitting for the rustic dishes they served.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment