Sunday, March 6, 2011

Totally Loaded Chopped Tuna Salad





If I could eat a tuna salad every single day I would. It's my idea of a perfect lunch. It's delicious, easy and super healthy, especially when you add a variety of your favorite veggies. According to all of the experts however, I should only eat it once or twice a week at most. For kids, even less and that's chunk 'light' tuna. There are two main kinds of canned tuna: Canned light (chunk light) and canned albacore tuna (solid/chunk white). Stick to the light variety if your a tuna addict like me or if your serving it to the kiddos.

My favorite way to serve tuna is this chopped tuna salad. I throw different things into it depending on what I have on hand. Instead of the usual mayo (my ick factor) I whisk together stone ground mustard, a bit of plain yogurt and a teensie bit of Miso paste if I have any on hand. Trust me. Would I lie to you?

Here are a few excellent tuna side kicks:
  • Celery
  • Radish
  • Green or Kalmata Olives
  • Capers
  • Tomatoes
  • Green or Red onions
  • Sprouts (essential in my opinion)
  • Lettuce
  • Peppers
  • Endive
  • Jicama
  • Parsley
  • Stone Ground Mustard
  • Miso (yup, miso. excellent aid in digestion too)
  • Freshly Cracked Pepper
  • Celery Seed
  • Herbamare
  • Lemon juice
What I can't stand in tuna? Most peoples fav's,  Mayo and Pickles.  I'm an odd one, I already warned you about that.

What I have to have with my totally loaded, chopped tuna salad?
Ginger Peach Iced Tea from Republic of China.  So perfect it was just ment to be.


What Do You Like In Your Tuna Salad???









Like this post? Love my blog? Please help spread the healthy word by voting for me
 {Healthy Mamma}
at babble.com for best new blog!
Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment