Monday, March 28, 2011

Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, Peppers and Escarole


This hearty Italian pasta dish has plenty of flavor without all the added fat of traditional pork sausage. Quick, easy and delicious!

This recipe was shared with me by a former coworker and I've been looking forward to making this for weeks because I'm a huge fan of escarole!

Not all chicken sausages are alike, so it's a good idea to know your butcher or the person making the sausage if possible. I sampled a few Italian chicken sausages from different stores before I found a favorite at a nearby Italian specialty store made with all white meat. Living in New York, I'm fortunate to have some great Italian resources nearby, if you can't find chicken sausage, turkey sausage would be perfectly fine. I had no nutritional info, so I used the nutritional info for Isernio Italian Chicken Sausage to calculate. If you can't find escarole, you could use Swiss chard or fresh spinach instead.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment