Sunday, March 13, 2011

Low Fat Baked Onion Rings



Crispy and light with no greasy mess. Great as a snack or a perfect side dish to a nice juicy burger!

When I was a kid, I loved onion rings with my burger, but never loved that greasy after-taste. Baking them with a blend of Panko, cornflake crumbs and breadcrumbs gives these a fabulous crunch without all the fat.

If you can't find cornflake crumbs you can make your own by pulsing corn flakes in the food processor. The best way to bread them so the breading doesn't fall off is to avoid using your fingers, instead use tongs to take them out of the breadcrumbs.

Note: I was left with 2/3 of the crumb mixture and 2 cups of the buttermilk after these were done, which I deducted from the nutritional values.



Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment