Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette



Warm oven-fried coconut chicken over a bed of baby greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a hot honey mustard vinaigrette. It's the perfect mix of salty and sweet, warm and cold.

I'm not sure what it is about spring, maybe the thought of having to get into a bathing suit in just a few more months, or maybe it's just the sunshine that switches my brain to want less soups and stews to large main dish salads. This salad has plenty of protein to keep you satisfied and the warmth of the chicken doesn't leave me feel like I'm missing something. Serve this for lunch or dinner; use any combination of salad fixins' and dig in!

For the chicken I found the cornflake crumbs gave this a nice crispy texture, but unseasoned breadcrumbs would work just as well in their place. This would also be great with shrimp, enjoy!!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment