Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy



Lean ground beef and turkey are combined with breadcrumbs and sauteed onions then shaped into patties and simmered in a mushroom gravy to create a lightened version of this retro American dish. 

Serve this with Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Skinny Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes or for a low-carb option Creamy Cauliflower Puree and you have a complete meal.


It's hard not to imagine a TV dinners when you think of Salisbury Steak, originally a poor man's beef dish made with ground beef and fillers, shaped to resemble a real steak back in the great depression when steak was a luxury. 


I recently was asked to create a lightened up Salisbury Steak, and I was excited to play around with this! For my skinny version, I combined turkey and lean beef to keep it light yet still maintain a beefy flavor. The addition of mushrooms to the gravy completes the dish sneaking in vegetables and giving this a wonderful flavor. 

My family loved this, from my picky teen, toddler and husband. I'm sure yours will too!!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment