Thursday, January 19, 2012

Skinny Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli


A classic, kid-friendly comfort dish made into a soup. A great way to sneak some veggies into those picky tummies while enjoying a tasty warm bowl of soup.


I was a picky kid growing up, I remember the first time I liked broccoli it was smothered with melted cheese. Not really a bad thing because I got my serving of dairy and it was the start of my adoration for broccoli.

Using the same principal, this soup will please those picky palates while still serving plenty of vegetables such as carrots, celery and broccoli. You can cook the broccoli to your family's liking. Adults tend to like it tender crisp, while I find for the kids, if you cook it longer it dissolves into the soup making it impossible for them to pick out and they may even realize broccoli is not so bad after all!


Personally, I found one cup was satisfying as I had this for lunch, but if you would like to make this four servings for a larger bowl, the Weight Watcher Points would increase to 8 points plus, and the calories would increase to 315 per bowl. Enjoy!!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment