Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Skinny Green Monster Smoothie


A vitamin packed smoothie, perfect for breakfast or lunch on the go!

Ok, so I'll admit, first time trying a green monster smoothie... and quite honestly I was not prepared to like it!

I mean, spinach in a smoothie?? Even though green may be my favorite color, it sounded way too healthy even for my taste! But it's January, a month of new beginnings, resolutions and cleaning our bodies so I was willing to take a chance.

So, after someone recently sent me their recipe I took a chance and tried it for myself. What's the worst that could happen? If I don't like it, I'll just toss it, right?


I had all the ingredients on hand and put them in my blender. Myself, my teenager and my aunt just watched as the blender ran and the smoothie turned into a shade of bright green.


I was the first to test it out, and not bad! Good actually! All I really tasted was the peanut butter and banana, nothing else really stood out. I could get used to this! They all agreed, even my picky teenager thought it was good!

So, why should you try a GREEN MONSTER?? Vitamins!! A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate, lutein, magnesium, potassium, protein and calcium! Give it a try and see what you think!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment