Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Roasted Red Kuri Coconut Curry Soup


You ever buy a vegetable and wonder what to do with it?

I do it all the time...


My answer to my red kuri squash purchase was this exotic Indian inspired soup. Coconut milk, cumin, garam masala, curry powder and cilantro balance out the sweetness of the roasted red kuri squash, to create this aromatic soup. Serve this with a piece of garlic naan and you have yourself a meal. If you love the flavors of Indian cuisine, you will love this soup.

I cheated with the naan.

Trader Joe's sells frozen garlic naan that only takes 2 minutes to heat up. I've had requests to create a naan recipe from scratch (I promise I didn't forget, it's still on my to do list) but store bought naan worked perfectly fine, they sell naan in most supermarkets nowadays.

I was even thinking of cutting the naan into small squares to create garlic naan croutons, wouldn't that be cool?

The serving size will slightly vary depending on the size of your kuri squash. Adding chili pepper gives this soup some heat but I'm leaving that optional. Roasted pumpkin, or acorn squash would also work. Added bonus, this is vegan and gluten free!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment