Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chicken Sausage Brown Rice Stuffing with Celery and Mushrooms


Brown rice stuffing made with Italian chicken sausage, celery, mushrooms, and onions. Serve this as a Thanksgiving side dish or you can even enjoy this as a meal. It's so good and naturally gluten free!

I've had my eye on this dish from my friend Julia's blog for quite a while. She calls it Riso Condito and when I finally got around to making it I was doing the happy dance in my kitchen and had to let her know how good it was! I made minor tweaks to her original recipe but for the most part I followed it pretty close. This reheats well the next day so you could make it the night before and heat it up when it's time to eat.



Use a good quality sweet Italian chicken or turkey sausage for this. If you can't find one, Julia calls for using two links of Italian pork sausage and ground turkey meat to make up the difference. To serve this as a main dish, double the portion. It would be 7 servings, 1 1/2 cups.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment