Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Roll, Lightened Up


Pumpkin sponge cake rolled with a lightened up cream cheese frosting. What can be prettier on your Thanksgiving table!

One day I had some extra cream cheese frosting laying around my kitchen. I also had some fat free Greek yogurt in my refrigerator and my wheels started turning; what would happened if I mixed the two? Well, all I can say is it was fabulous! I let a few others taste it to see what they thought, and they all agreed. So when I had all these requests to make over a pumpkin roll, I knew this would be my filling! I added some crushed walnuts to the filling and it was delicious! You can make it without the nuts, you'll save one point. I find Fage to be the thickest Greek yogurt, so that is what I recommend here.

For best results, if you're planning on making this, it's best to make it the day before and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve it. You can even make it up to 2 days ahead.

Can you use egg whites? I'm not sure, this has no butter or oil so I think the fat in the yolks is essential. Can you use Splenda? I'm sure you can, but I have not tested it, if anyone makes it with good results, please let me know!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment