Monday, November 14, 2011

Chicken Sausage and Herb Stuffing


If sausage stuffing is a must on your Thanksgiving table, this recipe will not dissappoint! Lean chicken sausage is combined with celery, onion and fresh herbs to create a great tasting stuffing you won't believe is light.

I used one of my favorite lean sweet Italian chicken sausages from my local butcher, but it's hard to say what the nutritional info is without a label, so I've been using Isernio's as a guesstimate. If you follow Weight Watchers, you are saving 2 points by swapping pork sausage for lean chicken sausage and I bet no one would know the difference. I like using french bread since it's naturally fat-free and makes a great stuffing. A whole wheat loaf would also be great if you can find one.

You can make this the night before, and bake it before you are ready to serve. Leftovers should be good for about 3 days.

I ordered Williams-Sonoma turkey brine to test out on a young fresh turkey this week. Truth is we always go to my Mom's for Thanksgiving and she always makes the turkey, so I don't have too much experience with making a whole turkey. My girlfriend, a culinary school graduate, swears by Williams-Sonoma turkey brine and I've read that a brine bath ensures the most juiciest, succulent turkey, so I will let you know how it goes! I think I will be sick of Thanksgiving before it arrives this year :)


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment