Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Hazelnut Flaugnarde (Clafoutis)


A warm rustic pumpkin custard sweetened with agave and baked with toasted hazelnuts. This is the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving feast and a wonderful lighter alternative to pumpkin pie. Don't let the fancy name scary you, it's actually very easy to make, the only appliances I used were a blender and an oven!

I just returned last night from the Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco, what a great time! Today I'm a little jet lagged and slow getting back into the groove of things. Next on my list of things to make for the holidays was this wonderful dessert that doubled as my breakfast this morning. Who doesn't like dessert for breakfast, right???

Adapted from my Flaugnarde of Mixed Berries recipe, this is nothing more than a simple French custard-like dessert served warm. The basic ingredients are eggs, milk, and fruit. I love the texture the hazelnuts added to this, you get a crunch in every bite. Chopped pecans or walnuts would also work. If you like your pumpkin desserts heavily spiced, you can increase the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. If vanilla bean is not in your budget, just use 1/2 tsp more vanilla extract, although I really love the flavor you get from the bean itself. You can also sub the agave for sugar, Splendia, stevia or whatever sweetener you prefer.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment