Monday, November 28, 2011

Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew)


Chunks of beef are simmered in beer with scallions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin and cilantro. Sometimes I make it with just the meat, sometimes I add yucca or potatoes. Serve this over rice with a little aji picante and you'll have a delicious comfort dish, Latin style!


I get lots of emails telling me how much you all love my Latin dishes. It's probably what I do best. When I crave beef stew, it's always this Colombian version I crave. You can use water in place of beer if you prefer. If achiote or sazon isn't something you can find near you, leave it out, it will still be good!

This is a great recipe for those of you who own a pressure cooker. The meat comes out so tender in half the time. I've included directions for those of you who own a pressure cooker. I've never made this in my crock pot, but I'm sure it would be great too, I may experiment with it next time I make it, I would probably add less liquid.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment