Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes {New and Improved}


Healthy, low-fat, whole wheat pancakes that are light and fluffy!

Well this is a first, I completely re-wrote my original recipe. I hope this doesn't create any confusion but after getting a few comments that my original recipe was a little thin, I re-made them and had the same results. I want every recipe on Skinnytaste to be GREAT so I went back to the drawing board, and made batches and batches of whole wheat pancakes until I felt it was everything a whole wheat pancake should be; fluffy, low-fat, and tasty! This meant completely re-writing my older recipe so if you have print-outs, I suggest you re-print this.

My original recipe called for oil and egg whites, I found using the whole eggs and eliminating the oil worked out much better, and reduced the points as well. I also slightly increased the baking powder, make sure it's not expired or the pancakes will be flat. Any slight changes you make to this recipe can yield a different result, so I suggest making them exactly as written.

Because these pancakes are high in fiber, they leave you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day. I used 100% white whole wheat flour which I prefer because my kids don't realize it's whole wheat. You can find this by King Arthur, Bob's Red Mill or Trader Joe's, but regular whole wheat works fine too, just don't use pastry flour.

You can add blueberries or chocolate chips to them when you add the batter to the skillet or serve them with your favorite syrup. I prefer my pancakes topped with agave, real Vermont Maple Syrup or blueberry compote. I make all the pancakes and freeze the remaining for instant breakfast to enjoy throughout the week.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment