Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins


Fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries baked in low-fat whole wheat muffins. Perfect for breakfast or to enjoy as a snack.

As summer sadly comes to an end, I am consuming as much fresh summer fruit as I can. Summer is my favorite season and I'm always sad when the end of August comes around knowing soon I'll have to wear sweaters and socks. I also love the selection of fresh produce and garden herbs only available to me in the summer months.

I've made these muffins using both all whole wheat pastry flour and with a blend of whole wheat and white. Both work well but if I had to choose, I prefer using a blend. If fresh berries aren't available, frozen berries would work as well.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment