Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What the Heck am I Supposed to Do with these Kids All Summer Anyway?


It's only been two weeks since school let out for the summer and I'm already going bonkers. Bonkers I tell you.  We live in the desert and it's already 100+ degrees outside. That's hot. {if anyone says 'but it's a dry heat' I'll scream} The parks, bike trails and golf courses are all deserted and dusty. The animals in the zoo have retreated to their respective caves. And here at my house we have our very own zoo of sorts going on front and center. The kids are already acting like caged, wild animals. I'm pretending I don't hear the tantrums and fighting as we speak.

So, what the heck am I supposed to do with 4 extremely energetic kids all summer long anyway? We can swim and read and play X-Box but then what about the other 15 & 1/2 hours of the day? Crafts are great. My kids love crafts. They keep them busy for longer than any other thing. I used to hate them due to the mess and the fact that I seemed to do 99% of the work and would often be sitting there all by myself finishing a craft intended for the kids amusement. Here is a fun list of very doable crafts I've found on the blessed internet. I hope you visit each site for the directions and for more creative ideas.





Check back in a few days because we made something very, very cool here at our house that the boys are still crazy about after a whole entire week! Wow.



Home Made Puffy Paint from Sandy Toes and Popsicles






Make a Puppet Theatre






Head to your local Library.
Sign up for a summer reading program and go to fun classes.
Going to the Library will be even more fun with this cute book bag.

sewing pattern from Shiny Happy World





My boys love doing this.

picture from Martha Stewart





Beat the Heat! Have a Water Party!

Simple and Cute Sponge Ball tutorial from One Charming Party

No comments:

Post a Comment