Monday, June 13, 2011

BLT Macaroni Salad


Dads like bacon so I thought a bacon, lettuce and tomato summer pasta salad would be a perfect side dish for your Father's Day picnic. The L in this BLT salad should really be an S but I didn't like the sound of a BST.

I am really trying to like whole wheat pasta and used it today to give it another chance, but next time I am sticking with what I like for the same amount of points, either Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfields as a lower carb option. You decide which pasta you prefer, you know your family and what they would eat, the points are the same. If you are on a gluten-free diet, the brown rice pasta is pretty good! To avoid having to add too much mayonnaise I think it's best to make this right before serving as macaroni salads with mayo tend to get dry out if they sit too long therefore requiring more.

As I mentioned on my BLT lettuce wrap recipe, center cut bacon has less fat than regular bacon if you like the taste of real pork bacon, you can use turkey or chicken bacon instead if you don't eat pork.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment