Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crock Pot Pasta Sauce with Sausage


Lazy pasta sauce would have been a better name for this recipe, this is such an easy recipe and only uses 5 ingredients! On those hot summer days when you don't want to heat up the kitchen and you don't feel like going outside to grill, using your crock pot is a lifesaver.

The best tip I can give you when you make this is to use the best chicken or turkey Italian sausage you can find and a can of Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes, green label. I'm very loyal to Tuttorosso if I am using canned tomatoes, I just can't make a bad sauce whenever I them. Other brands I have to keep adding things to help the taste, but never with Tuttorosso. Of course you may have a favorite brand of crushed tomatoes you are loyal to, if so feel free to use that instead.

I love the sausage I get from my Organic market, it's made with fresh wholesome ingredients and very little fat. But since their is no nutritional info, I am using the nutritional info from Isernio turkey Italian sausage. You could add more stuff to this sauce if you wish, some roasted red pepper would be wonderful, some crushed red pepper if you want more heat or some fresh herbs right before serving would be wonderful too.

Serve this over your favorite pasta (5 points extra for 1 serving pasta) or even over guiltless spaghetti squash and top it with a dallop of reduced fat ricotta for a complete meal. Enjoy!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment