Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage


St Patrick's day is a few days away, and I'm sure many of you will be enjoying this classic Irish-American dish! I used frozen pearl onions and I used parsnips instead of potatoes to make this easy pea-sy and the results were great!


Making it in the crock pot is the perfect solution for a busy schedule. Trim all the fat off to keep it lean. I purchased a 2 1/2 lb piece or corned beef brisket, after I trimmed all the fat off it was 2 lbs. Once cooked it shrunk to 18 oz. 

This was my second attempt at this dish in the slow cooker, my first version I put everything in the pot and turned it on. This resulted in overcooked cabbage that turned to mush. Second time around I added the cabbage at the end and it was perfect! I like to serve this with a side if Cauliflower Mash or Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and a little mustard or horseradish cream on the side. How do you enjoy your corned beef?

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment