Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting


Yes, you read that right, there is ale in the cupcakes and Bailey's in the frosting! I guess it's safe to call these grown-up cupcakes, and boy are they good!!


St. Patrick's Day inspired me to create this skinny adult treat. Pinterest can be such a time suck, but it also sparks creativity. After seeing this chocolate stout cake on Ambrosia Baking, a light bulb lit up in my head. I could mess around with my last chocolate cake recipes and use beer in the mix. I found the Double Chocolate Stout in Trader Joe's, but Guinness would work too.


As for the frosting, I knew I wanted to use Bailey's, but I couldn't imagine just how good they would be when combined.

Folks, this was a big success, so if you have a St Patrick's Day party to go to I highly recommend bringing these. You can double the recipe for more.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment