Monday, March 12, 2012

Baked Parmesan Kale Chips


In honor of St Patrick's Day go green the natural way with this low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian, and antioxidant rich snack.

It cracks me up to see my two year old munching on kale chips and going back for seconds and thirds. Normally when she finds a leafy green vegetable on her plate she picks it out and says "yucky", but with these kale chips, there's something about the texture and flavor that keeps her coming back for more. What surprises me even more is to see my husband (not a kale fan) enjoying them! Give them a try if you haven't had them, you may be pleasantly surprised!


A few tips: I prefer shredded cheese vs grated cheese, add it towards the end so it doesn't fall to the bottom. I used my misto to lightly spray them with oil which helps evenly coat them and get them crispy. If you don't have a misto, use olive oil spray. I calculated them based on one teaspoon of oil, and that's being generous. Don't over-crowd the baking sheet, use two or three sheets so they crisp up.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment