Saturday, November 27, 2010

Filipino Adobo Chicken



In the Philippines, adobo refers to the process of stewing chicken or pork in vinegar and a soy based sauce with lots of garlic. As this simmers, your kitchen will be filled with an intoxicating sweet and sour aroma that will leave you anxious to eat.

My friend Liren of Kitchen Confidante was so gracious to share her family recipe with me, which I slightly modified to reduce the fat. I served this over brown basmati rice which made this a complete meal. It's recommended marinating this overnight but if you're pressed for time, at least one hour before cooking. I always use dark meat when making stew; legs and thighs both work well.

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much! I know a lot of you are excited about the new Weight Watcher point system debuting this month, I've been getting lots of email asking about how I will adjust my recipes and points, which I answered here. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment