Friday, October 29, 2010

Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips ~ Baked

The other night when I made Zuppa Toscana I got a little carried away when shredding potatoes. That's happened to me a few times when using my oh-so-handy Kitchen Aid slicer. In about 7 seconds flat, I've sliced through a 5 lb bag of potatoes... oops. So I decided to whip up these yummy Salt and Vinegar potato chips that I saw on my cousin Emily's blog, My Nutritious Dish a few months back. Did I mention I have a slight salt addiction, oh and I love anything sour? I steer clear of the potato chip aisle at the grocery store, waaaaay clear so as not to provoke my weak self control. Funny how people crave different tastes. I would much rather have these tangy, salty chips than chocolate any day! What do your taste buds long for?







SERVES 4       TIME  30 MINUTES
You Will need:

4-5 medium potatoes sliced very very thin.

4-5 cups Distilled Vinegar

Kosher or Sea Salt
          1 tablespoon vegetable oil


Putting them together:

Wash potatoes well. Preferably using a Food Processor or slicer attachment, slice potatoes very thin leaving peel on. Rinse again under cool water.
In a large stock pot, put potatoes and cover with vinegar. Yup, straight vinegar. Trust me, would I lie to you?
Bring to soft boil and cook for 10 minutes.
Drain vinegar. Spread potato slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with just a little bit of vegetable oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes or until brown and crispy, tossing once with spatula!


Serve alongside sandwiches, chili, hot dogs, hamburgers chicken or bring on a picnic!







This post is linked to
for Super Bowl Potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment