Saturday, October 23, 2010

Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup



Coconut milk, curry and cumin really compliment the flavor of the butternut squash in this savory soup. This may be my new favorite way to eat butternut squash. Even my husband, who is not a fan of squash, requested a second bowl. And speaking of bowls, isn't this pumpkin bowl adorable? I got this at Pier One, what a perfect setting for Thanksgiving!

Olga from Mango and Tomato inspired me to make this soup. I modified it using ingredients I had on hand, and made my curry with Indian spices my friend Tricia picked up for me in a West Indian store. This would also taste great with pumpkin or acorn squash. For a thicker soup, use more squash, or less broth. I cheated and used a bag of cut and peeled butternut squash to save time. This took less than twenty minutes from start to tummy. Gluten free, low fat, vegan, high fiber, this recipe satisfies many different diet restrictions.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment