Monday, October 25, 2010

Low Fat Pomegranate Scones



These fresh baked scones are low fat, and studded with ruby red pomegranate arils. The key to making perfect scones is to not over-knead the dough, and to make sure your butter is chilled. For those of you not familiar with scones, scones are lightly sweetened English biscuits served at tea time. I love serving them with light butter and honey, some people prefer jam (pomegranate jelly would be great!). Leftovers can be stored in air-tight containers for up to two days.

Since returning from my trip to Fresno where I was invited to POM's Harvest Tour, I've been playing around with ways I want to use pomegranates in recipes. Aside from my favorite way to enjoy a pomegranate, which is simply eating the arils straight from the fruit, I've also enjoyed them in salads, and martinis. I have a lot more pomegranate recipes in my head I will be sharing with you in the future. I hope you enjoy the scones as much as I did. Baby Madison enjoyed them too!
Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment