Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Skinny Pancakes"




This was one of my favorite breakfasts in the whole world when I was little. My dad made these for us for a special treat. Today, I make these occasionally through out the year and also as a Christmas morning tradition. I think most people call these crepes, but I like to stick with tradition and so we call these skinny pancakes.  We fill them with either scrambled eggs or just chunky, cinnamon applesauce, roll them up and top them with fresh, pureed strawberries and dust with powdered sugar.
 It doesn't get much better than this when your a kid!







You will need: 
3 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour

Putting it all together: 

Whisk together and pour a very thin layer of batter into a hot, buttered non-stick skillet. Roll pan to completley cover the bottom of the pan with batter. Cook till golden brown (about 2 minutes) and flip over to cook other side, about 1 more minute.







No comments:

Post a Comment