Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lemony Petite Peas



This is a very easy, light throw together side dish. Perfect for summertime dinner.
My husband who graciously tries whatever I put in front of him, hates peas. Loathes them. So I don't make them often as a stand alone side dish, even though I love them. Anyway, he spooned some onto his plate to my surprise and took a bite and with raised eyebrows proclaimed that they were delicious! Wow!
I think that the chopped parsley and lemon make this more of a zesty little salad rather than "just peas".
We ate this with Salmon Lox potatoe skins and it complimented it perfectly.


You will need:

1 small bag frozen petite peas
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
2 tabelspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Steam peas for 3 minutes. Drain, transfer to small bowl. Toss with parsley,  lemon juice and zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment