Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gorgonzola and Pecan Stuffed Figs




Can you tell how excited I am with fig season? I just had to share this one last recipe with figs...... for now.;-)
As I mentioned once or twice before ;-) fresh figs are absolutely delicious! Not only are they yummy, but very good for you and so simple to "prepare", just wash and eat. No pits, edible seeds, kids love them!
I adore the contrasting flavors of this simple snack! The sea salt and pepper are so lovely with the sweetness of the figs. Gorgonzola is a pungent cheese that pairs well with fruit. The cruncy and nutty flavor of the pecans makes this a very satisfying little snack. May I suggest pairing it with a chilled Pinot Grigio? I was in heaven yesterday afternoon! When I closed my eyes and took a bite of the Gorgonzola Figs, then a sip of my crisp wine,  I could almost picture myself at an outdoor fancy cafe in Paris. Food will do that to you..... well it does to me anyway! ;-)



To prepare:

Fresh figs, any variety (see my post on choosing and handling fresh figs)

Gorgonzola, Goat or soft cheese of choice

Pecans or Walnuts

EVOO

Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Peppercorns


Wash figs and cut in half lenthwise, cut of stem. Drizzle with an itty bitty bit of EVOO ( I used a small spoon)
Sprinkle with just a few grains of Sea Salt and a bit of pepper. 
Gently stuff a bit of cheese into the center of the fig.
Gently push nut into center of fig.

Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment