Monday, March 11, 2013

Tropical Papaya Batido (fruit shake)


A sunlit, vitamin-packed tropical fruit shake made with pink-hued papayas, fresh squeezed oranges and bananas.

Happy Monday! Monday morning are especially difficult the day after daylight savings, don't you think? This pick-me-up fruit drink is the perfect fix! Vitamin packed, dairy-free, and loaded with vitamins and fiber.


My aunt brought over this beautiful papaya, excited to make this fruit drink for me. If you've never tried papaya, it has a soft, buttery, pinkish-orange flesh with a taste similar to cantaloupe, with black seeds in the center which you discard; it's known for it's antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects.


Any restaurant or home you visit in Colombia, where my Mom is from, fresh fruit shakes made with exotic fruits are always on the menu for breakfast or lunch.

Papaya is an excellent fruit because it's high in Vitamins A and C, folate and potassium. In addition, it is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, and vitamin K.  It reminds me of a cantaloupe, only sweeter and softer. Fresh squeezed oranges were added for added vitamins and sweetness along with bananas to make this the perfect start to any morning.

Since this is made with nothing but just fresh fruit, I'm assuming the Weight Watcher Points are 0, correct me if I'm wrong. Enjoy your day!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment