Monday, March 25, 2013

Kumara (Sweet Potato) Tandoori Salad


Roasted sweet potatoes, seasoned with curry and spices, then tossed with bell peppers, baby spinach and a flavorful vinaigrette.

I love the complex combination of the sweet, sour and spicy flavors in this salad. Sweet potatoes and curry work so well together, and the acidity from the vinaigrette just balances all the flavors out.


I was asked to lighten this recipe from a missionary working in Ecuador. Her mission there is to help teach women how to eat healthier and lose weight, and she's been translating my recipes for them and showing them how to change the way they cook. I was so touched by this because I love giving back, so I was happy to play around with this recipe. I did some research and found in New Zealand, sweet potato are known as "Kumara", so I'm guessing the origins of this recipe came from there.

I couldn't have been happier with the results, the flavors were wonderful, and I will absolutely be making this again and again.  This salad meets so many diet restrictions, perfect if you want to enjoy a Meatless Monday dish, but also gluten-free, to vegan, paleo, clean-eating, and more!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment