Friday, March 29, 2013

Crock Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy


Juicy slow cooked turkey breast with rich turkey gravy, all in your crock pot. This was my first time making a turkey breast in the crock pot, but it won't be my last!

What an easy way to prepare turkey breast that doesn't require too much attention. The vegetables are first browned with a roux on the stove to ensure the gravy has a rich flavor base, then it's all slow cooked in the crock pot. At the end, I simmered the braising liquid on the stove until it reduced and thickened into a delicious, easy gravy.


I modified this recipe from the Slow Cooker Revolution cookbook. It's a great base, and I can see playing around with the ingredients in this recipe.

Madison, my toddler said yummy juicy meat (that meant she liked it) and my husband was thrilled there were mashed potatoes AND gravy on his plate. This was like a mini Thanksgiving feast, I made some skinny mashed potatoes on the side, (you could also make cauliflower mash if you want to go low carb) and I also served this with some sauteed broccolini which is not pictured.

Today, I guess I'll be making some turkey noodle soup with the leftovers!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment