Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crock Pot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers

 

Leftover picadillo and brown rice makes a super easy second meal, all in the crock pot. Top it with melted cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and you'll have a delicious dinner without much fuss. Each pepper is a complete meal-in-one.
As I mentioned in my last post, we use leftover picadillo many ways in my home. Stuffed peppers are a great way to use leftovers and nothing goes to waste here –  the tops of the peppers get diced and are added to the filling.


The slow cooker is the perfect appliance for making stuffed peppers, I've also included oven directions below.

When buying bell peppers for the slow cooker, I look for peppers that have flat bottoms that can stand upright on their own.


You can double the recipe to make 6, which would fit perfectly in a 6 qt slow cooker.

BTW, we love stuffed peppers in my home and I've posted other variations:

Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers

and there's even a stuffed pepper soup. Enjoy!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment