Monday, January 28, 2013

Blueberry Banana PB Smoothie


After being on vacation for a week, it felt great to get back into my normal routine.  My morning started at the gym where I ran/walked 2 miles. Then I came home to make this purple smoothie with frozen blueberries, a banana, and a little Greek yogurt and PB2 for protein.

PB2, if you're not familiar, is a roasted peanut powder, made with just roasted peanuts, salt and sugar. No artificial ingredients, it's non-GMO, and 2 tablespoons contains just 1.5 g of fat so it's a perfect way to enjoy peanut butter, without the added fat. To make it into peanut butter, you simply add a little water.

Personally,  I love adding it to my smoothies but when I have a sandwich, I stick with the real thing. If you want to use regular peanut butter here, 1/2 tablespoon is the equivalent to maintain the same calories and weight watcher points.

Weight Watchers Note: I added the fruit in recipe builder, but I will leave it up to you if you want to count the fruit or keep it 0 points. Since I couldn't get a clear answer, and some Smoothie recipes on the Weight Watcher website include the fruit, while other recipes do not, I decided to count them.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment