Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers


Homemade pesto with basil from my garden makes a scrumptious addition to shrimp. Serve these at your next backyard BBQ or serve them with pasta or a salad for a quick weeknight meal! 


My sister-in-law is about to have a baby any day now! They served a wonderful grilled pesto shrimp at her garden baby shower that I just loved (pictured below)! So simple and delicious, I knew I had to make them myself.


They served them on a platter over a bed of greens, but this is also great served as skewers so you can hold them in your hand.


I recreated these a few weeks ago at a small backyard party and they were a hit! These will be making a regular appearance at my future back yard parties. I often keep the nuts out of my pesto to keep the fat content down and everyone always loves it. And bonus, these are low-carb, gluten-free and delicious!

Note: Keep in mind that when you remove the shell from the shrimp it will weigh less, so I started with about 2 lbs of shrimp to get 1 1/2 lbs after I peel them. Depending on the size of your shrimp you will get different amounts. I used jumbo, so that gave me about 35 shrimp, 5 on each skewer. One skewer is the perfect serving size but if you want to serve this as an appetizer, you can put 3 as a small bite.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment