Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bacon Topped Petite Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce


If you like the sweet smoky flavor of BBQ sauce, then you'll love these petite turkey meatloaves combined with a little zucchini, my homemade Kansas City Style BBQ sauce, and bacon! A fun twist on an my classic Petite Turkey Meatloaf.

I've been playing around with this recipe for a few weeks to get it just right. This first started on the grill in foil pockets. When we go camping, my husband makes a meatloaf on the camp fire and we all really enjoy it. But doing this on the grill can yield different results depending on your grill so I decided to stick with the oven for more precision. Feel free to test this on the grill if you don't want to heat up the kitchen!

I love adding zucchini to the mix because it adds moisture to otherwise dry turkey. I've done this before in my turkey burgers and meatloaf cupcakes and it turns out great and no one knows it's in there! I've made this with both 99% lean turkey and 93% percent lean and we all like the 93% lean best. You can use either, the points remain the same. I used my homemade BBQ sauce, but you can certainly use any BBQ sauce you like. If you are watching your sodium, you could cut back on the bacon or eliminate it all together. Hope you enjoy!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment