Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp


The perfect ending to a meal is a homemade warm fruit crisp topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Spring rhubarb and strawberries are the perfect combination of sweet and tart and work so well together for this comforting dessert.

So many of you are asking me for rhubarb recipes, so I picked this from the archives and brought it to the top for your convenience. It's a favorite of mine and perfect for this time of year!

Since making Strawberry Rhubarb Compote a few weeks back I've been craving some type of Strawberry Rhubarb cobbler or crisp and the latter won. I can't pass up rhubarb whenever I see it in the farmer's market and lately it's been showing up more frequently in my local supermarket.

I've yet to figure out how to make the perfect low fat whipped cream from scratch, but I found this all natural whipped topping at my organic market called truwhip, with no high fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated oil, and it's delicious! Their website has a store finder to locate it at a store near you.

If whipped cream is not your thing, I also LOVE eating this with a scoop of frozen yogurt, yum!!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment