Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oven "Fried" Pickles with Skinny Herb Buttermilk Ranch Dip


Cornmeal panko herb crusted dill pickles baked in the oven until golden and crisp. Have you ever had fried pickles?

Fried pickles to a New Yorker is quite uncommon, alien actually! But in the South they are wildly popular. The first time I tried fried pickles was at a restaurant in DC, I found myself trying to decide if I liked them, yet oddly reaching for seconds and thirds.


Since then I have had many requests for a make-over and finally tackled the request.

Baking them worked out great, the crumbs stuck perfectly and with a generous amount of oil sprayed on top, they baked to a golden crisp. You can easily make 1/2 batch (1-16 oz jar) for less people. If you are watching your sodium, you may not want to make them unless you can find low sodium dill pickles.

As a base I started with a version Mary from Mary's Bites shared with me, which I slightly adapted it to suit my taste. Hope you Southerners and even all you Yankees enjoy!!



Click Here To See The Full Recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment